1.1

It’s been quiet for a while, but that does not mean we have not been busy. Today, we release OpenPanel 1.1. Apart from a big bunch of minor fixes and tweaks, 1.1 brings:

• a revised GUI that now fills browser windows
  • support for configuring HTTPS
  • per-domain spam filtering with SpamAssassin
  • IPv6 is now officially supported
  • Official support for Debian 6, Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 10.10

Development of 1.1 happened primarily on Ubuntu 10.04 but we have tried to test on Debian 5, Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.10 too. Anything that works on one of those but not all of them will be treated as a serious bug!

You can find upgrade instructions on our download page.

After 1.1, we will spend some time focusing on a new project called OpenApp, which will revolutionize appliance hosting ;)

17 Responses to “1.1”

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Kaushal says:

Sick! I was waiting for this. :)

Sakki says:

Very nice… trying it now.

DrEagle says:

Cannot install on armel

Lito says:

No problem on two Debian 6 64bit machines. Thanks for doing this.

By the way, I work at 1980×1080… I think it looks strange the Dialog to use all the page, but tiny forms at the center… I think is lees usable for me.

hi,

it’s not possible to upgrade to 1.1 because of unsatisfied deps….

1. openpanel-mod-apache2: openpanel-mod-domain (>=1.1) unsatisified
2. openpanel-mod-domain: openpanel-api-sh (>=1.1) unsatisfied
3. openpanel-api-sh: openpanel-coreval (unsatisfied) – marks openpanel-api-sh as the reason.

thanks if you can help with this.

uff, sorry, I should have written that openpanel-coreval “marks openpanel-api-sh as the reason” on a new line, small formatting error, sorry……it’s a little confused how I wrote it

Krist says:

Not work with centOS

Sakki says:

When installing OpenPanel, does it re-create and wipe out the existing MySQL database? It seems as though it does. However, the Panel works fine with good functionality.

It does not wipe out current databases. They will not show up in OpenPanel, however.

randy james says:

I’ve got a Ubuntu 10.04 server already running, with two client websites. My DNS is hosted elsewhere, and Postfix is setup to relay to another host as well. I also note that openpanel has completely transformed my system configuration as a consequence (I presume) of apt-get openpanel-suggested. The documentation seems extremely thin, and the terminology a bit confusing. Before I reinstall my server from scratch…

1. If I do a remove/purge of openpanel, will my system be restored to it’s original condition?

2. It is not clear to me at all what the purpose of the DNS setup step is. Is your assumption that I will be running a name server locally, and is that mandatory?

3. I attempted to setup the e-mail, and got an error message telling me it was unable to setup core objects. (I was unable to copy the error message to the clipboard for some reason.) No explanation as to why.

From the look of things, I should have backed up my entire system before installing openpanel. It seems to me that any program which makes such widespread changes to a system should not install itself without the due-diligence of an opt-in configuration process, and a well-defined uninstall process.

One of the reasons I use Ubuntu is that the package installation system has proved to be so reliable in supporting clean install/remove/purge operations. This is the first instance I’ve found where a package appears to have fundamentally transformed the original installation without leaving me a clear path back. Since I have two active client websites, I can’t just do a remove/purge and hope it works. Therefore I’m pretty well stuck having to reinstall the original server from scratch.

If I may offer a suggestion: openpanel needs a bit more work before you move on to something new.

Jacob says:

Is this project still being maintained?

Jacob

This saves you a lot of time if you’re a frequent traveler, as
it prevents you from having to remove your backpack every time you go
through security. Once your clothes have been washed and waterproofed as necessary, place them in an airtight
container and store them in a location that’s dry and out of direct sunlight.
You will want to check out the belt to the backpack carrier
to see if it is long enough to adjust for your comfort.

Kathryn says:

A few years ago, my husband and I decided that we’d make our Christmas gifts.
The Gentleman’s Willy Care Kit is another gift recommended for
close partners only. Hopefully, this will help you pick out a perfect
dog toy for Christmas for your dog.

People often often stay away from portable home audio systems fearing that they can lack
the audio quality. They are programmed thoroughly and the circuitry of these gadgets is well-designed and tested, to produce
sound of high decibels at top clarity. Lastly, wireless home audio systems
offer flexibility, allowing you to incorporate new components or additional speakers and never have to re-wire
or reconfigure your system.

It gets the feature of atomic sync feature which self-sets enough
time so you are never late. In short, you’re not planning
to find another distinctive line of watches that keeps on the same standard.

G Shock watches are designed to deliver great performance and appearance no matter how tough you are on them.

The time piece is Solar-powered; with multiple alarms; atomic
clock synchronization; time recording; split stopwatch mode; supports multiple
time zones. The New Frogman GW225A-1 comes with a solar power and dive function.
A Casio watch does over just let you know what time it really is.

It is a great way to keep your kid occupied and engrossed
in an activity. It can be played during the celebrant’s party and even after some days
or years after. The Flitter Fairies are super adorable for girls
and will keep them entertained for hours.